OpenOCD Integration

Wishes for features and changes in future releases.
Feel free to contribute, I will try to implement as much as needed.

4 posts | Page 1 of 1

JAlvarez

OpenOCD Integration
Postby JAlvarez » 21 Nov 2013 01:44

Integration with the Segger J-Link via gdbserver is a major feature of emIDE. Its debugging capabilities move emIDE from being a GCC front end to a more complete development system for embedded ARM targets. Many embedded developers prefer a faster and more efficient environment than what is available with Eclipse. Thanks for your efforts.

Supporting other debug probes within emIDE should be considered for a future release. Integrating OpenOCD would be a good candidate. It also implements the remote gdbserver protocol and supports several popular debuggers (FTDI-based and others). Possibly an OpenOCD build could be integrated with the emIDE distribution together with config files for popular MCU/board targets.

emIDE
Site Admin

Re: OpenOCD Integration
Postby emIDE » 21 Nov 2013 12:05

Hi,

Automatic integration for other debug probes might be added in the future.
What might work is to disable the automatic start of J-Link GDB Server, set the correct IP, port and init steps for openOCD in the Debugger properties and start openOCD manually.

Best regards
Johannes - emIDE

Bill

Postby Bill » 12 Dec 2013 04:53

I plan to test OpenOCD in the next few weeks with the Olimex ARM-USB-Tiny-H once I figure out how to actually get one of them working. (and get a J-Link working on the project first)
I will report back if I can get it to work.

Bill

emIDE
Site Admin

Postby emIDE » 25 Mar 2014 12:12

Hi,

Did you have any success in working with OpenOCD?
With emIDE V2.17 the settings for GDB And the remote server (e.g. J-Link GDB Server) have been separated in order to allow automatic use of other remote servers in future versions.

If you have any instructions how to start and configure OpenOCD, I would be happy to get them.

Best regards
Johannes - emIDE

4 posts | Page 1 of 1

Jump to: