Warning could not save config file

Need help? Post your issues and bugs here. We will try to fix them.
FAQs

4 posts | Page 1 of 1

OOjim

Warning could not save config file
Postby OOjim » 07 Mar 2014 21:31

I installed emIDE using administrator privileges with Windows XP. I can use it when logged in as the administrator but would rather do my day to day work as a non-privileged user. Using Windows Explorer, I gave full access to users of both C:\Program Files\emIDE and my project directory. When logged in as a user I can now build projects. However when I attempt to exit emIDE, I get a dialog box that says: Warning could not save config file.
What file is it trying to save and where is it trying to save it?

harper

Re: Warning could not save config file
Postby harper » 07 Mar 2014 22:40

OOjim wrote:

I gave full access to users of both C:\Program Files\emIDE and my project directory. When logged in as a user I can now build projects. However when I attempt to exit emIDE, I get a dialog box that says: Warning could not save config file.
What file is it trying to save and where is it trying to save it?

emIDE writes the file default.conf to C:\Program Files\emIDE\emIDE V2.16. Did you assign the rights recursively?

Windows 7 has a nice feature "Virtual Store". It's a folder tree that is merged with the root folder and allows "virtual" write access for all users to the program files folder. One more to to consider an upgrade to Windows 7. ;-)

emIDE
Site Admin

Postby emIDE » 25 Mar 2014 11:34

Hi,

what you can do is to move the default.conf from the emIDE installation directory to %APPDATA%\emIDE.
Does this solve the problem?

Please note, if you are using different versions of emIDE, they will all use the default.conf at %APPDATA%\emIDE if no default.conf is present in its own installation directory and might override settings for other versions.

Best regards
Johannes - emIDE

Raza01

Postby Raza01 » 07 Mar 2015 13:13

Has been fixed in emIDE V2.17a.

Best regards

DaRe DaViL

4 posts | Page 1 of 1

Jump to: