-mhard-float option causes an error for processor LM4F232H5Q

Need help? Post your issues and bugs here. We will try to fix them.
FAQs

1 post | Page 1 of 1

diptopal

-mhard-float option causes an error for processor LM4F232H5Q
Postby diptopal » 09 Sep 2015 16:16

I am using a Stellaris Cortex LM4F232H5QD board and I am trying to compile a code with -mhard-float and -mfpu=vfpv4 option enabled as the code uses hardware floating point . But it does not compile and gives the following error

-------------- Build: Debug in USB_Motor_Control (compiler: GNU ARM GCC Compiler)---------------

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -o bin\Debug\USB_Motor_Control.elf @obj\Debug\objects.obj -Wl,-Map -Wl,bin\Debug\USB_Motor_Control.elf.map -Wl,--gc-sections -n -Wl,-cref -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mhard-float -mthumb -mfpu=vfpv4 -TSetup/Flash.ld
c:/program files/emide/emide v2.20/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: obj\Debug\Src\SPI_OLED_ADC.o uses VFP register arguments, bin\Debug\USB_Motor_Control.elf does not
c:/program files/emide/emide v2.20/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file obj\Debug\Src\SPI_OLED_ADC.o
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

When i am removing the -mhard-float and -mfpu=vfpv4 option, the code compiles successfully. Can someone advise?

1 post | Page 1 of 1

Jump to: